Law Firm for Cross Border Business
Angela Wang & Co, established in 1995, is a focused Greater China business legal practice with a dedicated group of solicitors qualified to practice in multiple jurisdictions. We combine our international experience and local knowledge to bring you bespoke legal services in Asia.
Our Distinguishing Features
To provide legal solutions at competitive cost.
Our firm currently acts for a wide range of clients including multinational corporations, government bodies, listed companies, banks and securities houses, insurers, charities, private companies, entrepreneurs and individuals. With offices in Hong Kong and Shanghai and a wide network of associated firms across the Pacific Rim and Europe, we are well positioned to serve you in Hong Kong and the Asia Pacific region.
Banking & Finance
- Advising two major European banks on ceasing their banking businesses in Hong Kong and transferring assets and portfolios involving more than 600 bank accounts to Singapore.
- US$15 million revolving credit facility secured by cumulative redeemable preference shares.
- US$15 million credit facility secured by various deposits.
- Syndicated multi-currency term loan facility of US$45 million secured by cash collateral, guarantee, share pledge and letter of comfort.
- Security sharing deed of arrangement between two major banks in Singapore involving a S$32 million credit facility secured by various types of security.
- S$500 million credit facility secured by guarantee, mortgages, debentures and shares.
- Acquisition of PRC company operating a cyberport project in Shenzhen with a total asset value of US$16 million involving the issue of convertible instruments.
- Restructuring of family assets involving property in excess of HK$2 billion, shareholding in finance companies and mining rights in the PRC.
- Acquisition of 5 diesel fuel power stations in China by way of a convertible loan and equity participation in a company listed on the NASDAQ Small Cap Board and London’s USM.
- Acquisition of 80% interest in entertainment broadcasting company by a group of Chinese state companies for US$30 million involving a capital injection for repayment of existing debts and a shareholders’ loan to raise further working capital.
- Share transaction involving the acquisition of a website in the PRC for US$14 million.
- Discloseable transaction involving the acquisition of a PRC business for HK$520 million.
- Major connected and share transaction for the acquisition of a Sino-foreign equity joint venture for HK$60 million payable partly in cash and partly in shares.
- Interviewing witnesses from the PRC and obtaining expert evidence in relation to commercial litigation in the UK involving PRC companies and a currency swap transaction for RMB 50 million.
- Acting for an international dairy products company in a dispute concerning distributorship and wholesaling arrangements with PRC companies.
- Acting for an international oil supply company in the resolution of a dispute concerning distributorship and joint venture projects in the PRC.
- Handling a civil action against a legal representative in a PRC investment project for breach of an agency agreement and fiduciary duties.
- Acting for publicly listed US nuclear pharmaceutical company in the restructuring of its five joint ventures and wholly foreign owned enterprises as a result of acquisition by a Fortune 500 corporation.
- Acting for international consortium of foreign investors in the establishment of mobile telephone conferencing technology joint venture with China Unicom.
- Major transaction involving the acquisition of shares in an internet telephone service provider for 240 million new shares.
- Conditional top-up placement of up to 200 million new shares for HK$700 million.
- Discloseable transaction for the acquisition of shares in a UK interactive programming and distribution services company for HK$50 million and US internet media and marketing company for HK$36.5 million.
- Rights issue by Hong Kong listed company involving the issuance of over 3 million rights shares.
- Acting in a contested dispute regarding the use of a well-known jewellery trademark.
- Acting in the registration of trademarks for one of the largest poultry suppliers in Thailand, a major regional newspaper and a large US financial group.
- Acting in the registration of patents for a computer related invention and an invention for facilitating the heating and circulation of water.
- Acting in an infringement case for large Japanese film and entertainment licensing company.
Internet & Information Technology
- Establishment of a B2C service portal including advising on e-commerce contracts, terms and conditions of service, website content and vendor contracts.
- Setting up of an insurance service portal including advising on structure, website content, terms and conditions, tax issues and conditions of payment.
- Restructuring of a film and entertainment website in Malaysia including the setting up of mirror sites in Hong Kong, advising on intellectual property issues and cross border regulatory and tax issues.
- Advising B2B internet medical supply exchange on structuring business, shareholders’ agreement, private equity financing and e-commerce contracts.
- Advice on structuring online brokerage exchange including the drafting of related broker agreements.
Litigation & Insolvency
- Acting for major shareholder of listed company in relation to disputes arising from placement of 18.29 million shares and 28.21 million right shares.
- Acting for a UK listed oil trading and infrastructure group in relation to trading dispute involving US$3.70 million .
- High profile complex commercial criminal matter involving judicial review, bail variation applications and bribes amounting to HK$26.4 million and A$2 million.
- Construction disputes between two major international Japanese construction companies and Hong Kong blue chip listed company for claims exceeding HK$200 million.
- Scheme of Arrangement involving a listed group of companies with over 40 bank creditors and over US$500 million in debt to financial creditors.
- Complex commercial disputes involving oil trading companies in the region involving corporate debts of US$54.5 million.
- Liquidation matter involving multiple defendants in various jurisdictions and the tracing of assets worth over US$13 million.
- Obtaining the creditors’ and court’s sanction of a scheme of arrangement parallel to a Singapore scheme involving a listed company with 23 bank creditors and over S$500 million in debt to financial creditors.
- Representing a group of over 40 preferential creditors in liquidation proceedings regarding a Hong Kong public company and its subsidiary and contesting a proposed scheme of arrangement.
Mergers & Acquisitions
- Acquisition of IT company providing advertising to websites and content providers for a total value of US$10.5 million.
- Joint acquisition of well known internet company providing internet related services targeting the expatriate communities in the region.
- Acquisition of shares by a Hong Kong listed company and Singapore government related company in an internet company which provides entertainment and education content.
- Joint venture between Australian listed company and British inventor involving transfer of worldwide intellectual property rights in energy saving system and buyout of inventor’s 49% share interest.
- Acquisition of a regional telecommunication services provider with a total value of over US$4 million.